It seems like the world revolves around some sort of social media now a days. Whether it is a friend's status update on Facebook, a product release tweet from a clothing company or a hilarious viral video release on YouTube the point is no one can really escape the reaches of social media networks. Thus, Martin and myself decided to try and make a video on YouTube on a simple topic: Making a how-to YouTube tutorial for absolute beginners.
YouTube is a powerful tool for self-promotion and sharing of all types of multimedia content on the web. Being so, we decided to make a simple how to video to post on YouTube and what better than to make a simple video on how to make and upload video's on YouTube. This video we made is short step-by-step instructional video for absolute beginners to the web and YouTube.
Creating a how to video is not an easy task. To be able to thoroughly and thoughtfully guide and describe even the most simple of processes in a short video is not easy. For us, we had no idea where to begin, what software to use and how to make it worthy of YouTube. Here we will offer a few tips from what we learned from this project.
Tips We've Learned:
1. Use a good video editing software - Editing for content, quality and material is crucial to making the video good and useful
2. Make it interesting - Add some funny/informal clips to add some personality to the video
3. Keep it short - Try to keep the video's under 5 Min. If they are longer split the clips into 4-5 Min. Individual clips and make a YouTube channel instead
4. Choose the right format - YouTube is picky and sometimes tricky in which formats it allows to be published on its website. If the video is still processing an hour after you have uploaded it don't hold your breath - the video's not going to load
5. Manage your time well - Making & editing video's takes a lot of time so don't procrastinate. Make a list of what you want to do, how to do them and schedule yourself accordingly
So, please watch our video and give us some feedback/comments/suggestions. Thanks!
Cj & Martin