Saturday, October 23, 2010

Blogging

One thing that I am learning about blogging is that you have to write something interesting and/or compelling enough that inspires people to respond. So far with our social media blog we have not been very successful at this. Does anyone have good tips on topics or getting people to respond? (If anyone wants to follow our blog, it's http://www.michelleandemily.blogspot.com/)

The other thing I have recently realized from my own experience is that it's hard to know who finds blog information useful. For instance, the other day I entered a search and one result directed me to a blog. I read the post and used the information but the blogger has no way of knowing that. It seems that it would be hard for the common blogger to measure its usefulness. I know that bloggers can use free trackers to count the traffic, but how do they know if their information is relevant and useful to readers?

--Michelle Bryant

No comments:

Post a Comment